Sunday, March 15, 2009

34 more sleeps - by Jo

Or 4 weeks and 6 days. And counting!

What a weekend. Both our parents came down this weekend and we had an amazing time catching up together ... AND doing some more wedding planning :o)

Yesterday Clive had his bachelor's party and I had my bridal shower. We knew the parties would happen yesterday but we had NO idea what would go down. I've yet to see the pics from Clive's day, but I believe there was a Zorro outfit, a braai, some rugby watching (the Sharks had their butts kicked) and a whole lot of precious, encouraging words shared. What a wonderful blessing that my man is so loved, honoured and appreciated by so many people - it just makes me love him more :o)

My bridal shower was a scream! I arrived and was promptly dressed up in butterfly wings, a tiara and a fairy wand! Jeannie asked me to share why white butterflies are so special to me which was wonderful. We ate lots and I received so many stunning gifts! Jeannie (my only local bridesmaid!) outdid herself. She asked Clive a whole of questions about himself and recorded him giving the answers - she then played the DVD at the bridal shower, asking me the same questions and I had to guess the answer. It was so much fun but I must admit I was soooo nervous! But all the gifts had me in stitches so that definately broke the ice! The ladies also got to play gift bingo - they each had cards with a variety of potential gifts on and they marked off their cards as I opened gifts. I think Emmy won her Easter egg and got to shout BINGO first! The moms also shared some amazing words and the ladies prayed for me - what a treat :o)

And so we get to the end of another busy but wonderful weekend! We don't have too mnay left until the wedding (like FOUR - and Clive will be away for 2 of them!) but thankfully most of our planning has been done and it has gone so smoothly. We're so excited now - can't wait for the big day but we're totally enjoying the journey.

I am very much in love with Clive Bredenkamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment